Seafront Car Park, Largs
This council car park operates a ticketless automatic number plate recognition system.
- Drive in - registration captured at the barrier.
- On your way back to your car – you have two pay options:
- Option 1 - drive to the exit to pay by card only, screen will display parking charge.
- Option 2 - at the pay station, enter your registration number, the screen will display your parking charge. Play by cash or card.
- Drive out – registration number captured on exit and barrier will open.
- up to 1 hour - £1
- up to 3 hours - £3
- over 3 hours - £5
Income generated from the car park is used to help support community projects, events, and services in the Largs area.
Bellman’s Close, Largs
Bellman’s Close car park operates a pay and display system. Pay for your expected parking duration and display you ticket prominently within your vehicle.
Please note: the maximum stay is 4 hours
- up to 1 hour - £1.50
- up to 2 hours - £2
- up to 4 hours - £3.50
Short stay car parks
Short stay parking, for a maximum of 3 hours, is available in the following council controlled car parks. The 3 hour limit applies Monday to Saturday, between 9am and 5pm:
Monitoring short stay car parks
We carry out parking surveys to gather information about:
- length of stay
- occupancy of spaces
- the number of vehicles exceeding the 3 hour limit
Exceeding the short stay limit
The following may happen:
- a reminder notice on the vehicle, or a letter, explaining that they have parked in a short stay car park longer than expected
- North Ayrshire Council may introduce Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras to monitor and gather data on those continually exceeding the 3 hour limit
- North Ayrshire Council may consider an amendment to the car park Controlling Regulation Order to enable enforcement and subsequently the issuing of Penalty Charge Notices.
Long stay car parks
Long stay parking is available at:
Park and ride
Strathclyde Partnership for Transport provides 'Park and Ride' at stations across North Ayrshire.
Ferry terminal parking
Parking is available at, or near, the following ferry ports:
Where can I park?
The Blue Badge scheme entitles disabled drivers, and those who drive on their behalf, to parking concessions. These include parking in specially marked bays and on single and double yellow lines without time limit, provided you don't cause an obstruction or danger to other road users.
Disabled residents' parking bay
Blue Badge holders with a suitable vehicle registered at a home address, may be eligible for a disabled resident's parking bay.
Please note: North Ayrshire Council does not operate a residents' parking permit scheme.