Home   Roads and travel   Apply for disabled residents' parking bay

Disabled residents' parking bay

If you are a Blue Badge holder, it may be possible for you to obtain a Disabled Persons' Parking Place (disabled bay) in the vicinity of your home.

You must:

  • be the holder of a current Blue Badge
  • have a car registered at your address
  • not have access to a driveway or an off-road parking area.

A disabled bay may be used by any vehicle displaying a current Blue Badge. The decision to provide a bay and the location of that bay lies with Roads. The bay must not cause a traffic obstruction.  

There is no charge for this service.


You will need a copy of the vehicle registration document V5C.

If your car was purchased under the Motability Scheme, you can contact them to request a copy, call 0300 4564566.

Apply for parking bay

Alternatively, complete and return Parking Bay application (Word, 402kb).

Contact Roads




01294 310000


Roads and Streetscene Facebook page