If you are a Blue Badge holder, it may be possible for you to obtain a Disabled Persons' Parking Place (disabled bay) in the vicinity of your home.
There is no charge for this service.
- be the holder of a current Blue Badge
- have a car registered at your address
- not have access to a driveway or an off-road parking area
A disabled bay may be used by any vehicle displaying a current Blue Badge.
You will need a copy of:
- the vehicle registration document V5c (the front page showing the registered address)
- your valid blue badge, front and back
If your car was purchased under the Motability Scheme, you can request a copy of your V5c online or by calling Motability on 0300 4564566.
Apply for parking bay
Alternatively, you may prefer to request a paper form by contacting us using the details below.
Who makes the decision?
The bay must not cause a traffic obstruction.
The decision to provide a bay, and the location of that bay, lies with the authority responsible for parking in your area.
This will be one of the following:
- North Ayrshire Councils' Neighbourhood Services (Roads),
- North Ayrshire Councils' Housing Services, or
- the relevant Housing Association.