If you are a Blue Badge holder, it may be possible for you to obtain a Disabled Persons' Parking Place (disabled bay) in the vicinity of your home.
- be the holder of a current Blue Badge
- have a car registered at your address
- not have access to a driveway or an off-road parking area.
A disabled bay may be used by any vehicle displaying a current Blue Badge. The decision to provide a bay and the location of that bay lies with the authority responsible for parking in your area. This will be either:
- North Ayrshire Councils' Commercial Services (Roads),
- North Ayrshire Councils' Housing Services, or
- the relevant Housing Association.
The bay must not cause a traffic obstruction.
There is no charge for this service.
You will need a copy of the vehicle registration document V5C (the front page showing the registered address) and a copy of your valid blue badge (front and back).
If your car was purchased under the Motability Scheme, you can contact them to request a copy, call 0300 4564566.
Apply for parking bay
Alternatively, contact us to request a paper form.