We will ask you for details about the location and type of fault.
Please provide a contact email address. We will use this to send you an unique reference number and keep you updated with progress.
Report road fault
To report a defect on a trunk road (A78, A737, A738) contact Amey.
If a road or footway defect is causing a clear and immediate danger (high risk to loss of life or limb), you should treat it as an emergency.
Please report an emergency by telephone on 01294 310000.
What happens next?
Your report will be processed to the relevant service immediately, or on the next available working day.
We'll use the information you have provided to locate and inspect the fault. Inspections will usually happen within 5 working days unless it is an emergency.
Depending on the severity of the fault, we'll carry out repairs as follows:
- Category 1 - we aim to make safe at time of inspection, or within 4 hours
- Category 2 - within 5 working days from date of inspection
- Category 3 - within 60 working days from date of inspection
- Category 4 - consider for planned works programme
- No response - no action required
Please note: circumstances beyond our control, such as periods of adverse weather, may have a detrimental affect on our target response times.