Applications for the new academic year 2019/20, may be made from 1 June 2019.
We provide free school meals and £100 (per child) worth of school footwear and clothing to children whose parents are on certain benefits.
If your child is in Primary 1, 2 or 3 you will automatically receive free school meals. Parents of children entering Primary 4 and up must apply.
Can I get help with these costs?
We may be able to help you with these school costs if your child attends primary or secondary school and you receive 1 of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit only (with income under £16,105)
- maximum Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit (with an income under £6,900)
- Working Tax Credit with income under £16,105 (clothing grant only)
- Council Tax Reduction/Housing Benefit (clothing grant only)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610.
Families will be eligible for a Clothing Grant only if in receipt of one of the following:
- Working Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credit with an annual income of £16,105 or less
- Universal Credit where "take-home pay" does not exceed £1,342.
For current academic school year
Apply for 2019/20 grant