We provide free school meals and £100 (per child) worth of school footwear and clothing to children whose parents are on certain benefits.
If your child is in Primary 1, 2 or 3 you will automatically receive free school meals. Parents of children entering Primary 4 and up must apply.
Can I get help with these costs?
We may be able to help you with these school costs if your child attends primary or secondary school and you receive 1 of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit only (with income under £16,105)
- Both Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit (with an income up to £7,330)
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Families will be eligible for a Clothing Grant only if in receipt of one of the following:
- Working Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credit with an annual income of £16,105 or less
- Universal Credit with monthly earned income of not more than £1342
- Council Tax Reduction/Housing Benefit
Please ensure that your children are registered at the correct address and school before completing your application. If incorrect we will not be able to process your application until the new term commences.
We will aim to release the first payments week commencing 13 July 2020. Please allow up to 10 working days for the payment to be credited to your bank account.
Apply for 2020/21 grant