We provide free school meals and £120 (per child) for primary school children and £150 (per child) for secondary school children worth of school footwear and clothing to children whose parents are on certain benefits.
Can I get help with these costs?
We may be able to help you with these school costs if your child attends primary or secondary school and you receive 1 of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit only (with income under £16,105)
- Both Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit (with an income up to £7,500)
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £625
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Families will be eligible for a Clothing Grant only if in receipt of one of the following:
- Working Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credit with an annual income of £16,105 or less
- Universal Credit with monthly earned income of not more than £1342
- Council Tax Reduction/Housing Benefit
Applications for the school year 21/22 are now open
Apply for 2021/22 Grant