Our Road Safety team works to educate, train and promote road safety in North Ayrshire.
We use the '3E' approach:
- Engineering - undertaking engineering projects to enhance the road user experience
- Enforcement - providing Police Scotland with information and road safety areas of concern
- Education - we are North Ayrshire road safety educators
Road Safety Plan 2015 - 2020 (PDF, 3.3mb)
- we offer Road Safety Training to all school age groups across North Ayrshire
- we facilitate theatre productions to reinforce the Road Safety message
- we provide upper primary cycle training across North Ayrshire
- we provide 'new driver' presentations to all age groups
We offer presentations, for drivers of all ages and experience, which can be tailored to:
- management of occupational risk
- driver improvement
- driving fleet vehicles
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
In car safety
We can check the fitting and suitability of child car restraints.
Scottish Biker magazine is partly produced by North Ayrshire Council. A fascinating bi-annual publication providing advice and information to all motorcyclists.