The Bereavement Charter sets out pledges to bereaved families about the standards of service and care they should expect to receive following the death of a loved one.
It includes 5 key commitments:
- the council’s Registration Services to offer an appointment within 48 hours and offer and out of hours service over the Festive Period
- the council’s Bereavement Services to offer a date for the burial within 5 working days of receipt of paperwork (families can request a burial outwith the 5 day timescale)
- Funeral Directors to ensure paperwork is accurate and notify any changes to Bereavement Services at least 2 working days prior to the burial
- Funeral Directors, Clergy and Celebrants to ensure good timekeeping when arriving at burial grounds
- Bereavement Services to consider new technological solutions to improve service delivery.
Those currently signed up to the Charter are:
- North Ayrshire Council Bereavement Services
- North Ayrshire Council Registration Services
- A & I Inglis Funeral Directors
- RB Steele Funeral Directors
- Kevin T Blades & Son Funeral Directors
- Dalry St Margaret’s Church of Scotland
- Dalry Trinity Church of Scotland
- John Bennett Funeral Directors Ltd.
- St Peter’s, Ardrossan
- St Mary’s, Irvine
- St Winnin’s, Kilwinning
- St John’s, Stevenston
- St Mary’s, Saltcoats
- St Palladius’, Dalry
- St Brigid’s, Kilbirnie
- Our Lady’s, Beith
- St Mary’s, Largs
For more information please contact us.