Our experienced team will help you trace your family history.
We have access to:
- Registers of Births, Deaths and Marriages 1855 to present
- Scottish Divorces 1984 to present
- Census Records 1841 to 1911
- Old Parish Records 1553 to 1854
- Civil Partnerships 2005 to date
Trace your family tree by starting with your own birth certificate and work backwards in time. Birth, death and marriage certificates provide lots of valuable information. It may be helpful to check with some older family members to help you with names, dates and places.
To use our family research facility, make an appointment at any of our registration offices.
You may wish to request a burial search of North Ayrshire cemeteries.
The following fees are chargeable for our record searches:
- Particular Search: £5 per search (for a specified entry over a 5 year period)
- General Search: £15 per hour (for any number of entries over a number of years)
Certificates of birth, death and marriage found from a general search cost £10 each.
Certificates of entries found out with a general search cost £15 each.
Scotlands People prints
A Scotlands People (SP) print is a copy of a full register page. SP prints cost £1 each in addition to the general search fee.
Please note that we can only issue the following SP prints:
- birth entries 100 years or over
- death entries 50 years or over
- marriage entries 75 years or over
For more information on tracing your family history using census returns, photographs, monumental inscriptions and maps, please visit our Family History page.