If pre-employment checks are successful the council will email a formal offer of employment. The offer will provide links to a contract and 'New Start Employee Forms'.
You must read, complete and sign the relevant documents:
- Employee bank details form (PDF, 79kb)
- Previous continuous service dates form (PDF, 105kb)
- Pension nomination form - Teachers pension fund
- Pension nomination form - Strathclyde Pension Fund
Before starting work with us, and to ensure you're maximising your income, review any applicable entitlement to benefits and how to claim Universal Credit.
You should consider whether you are entitled to, or wish to claim:
Before you accept our offer of employment
You must read the following documents before you accept our formal offer of employment:
- Code of conduct (PDF, 177kb)
- Code of discipline - teachers (PDF, 18kb)
- Disciplinary rules (PDF, 312kb)
- Disciplinary Policy and Procedure (PDF, 296kb)
- SSSC Codes of Practice for Social Service Workers and Employers - Social Services employees only
- Introduction to the Local Government pension scheme - LGPS (PDF, 204kb)
- Health and safety information (PDF, 85kb)
- GTCS Code of Professionalism and Conduct (PDF, 917kb)
- Terms and Conditions of Employment (PDF, 366kb)
Appendix A - Pay and grading (PDF, 106kb)
Appendix B - Other pay allowances (PDF, 186kb)
Appendix C - Annual leave calculation for non standard working patterns (PDF, 110kb)
Appendix D - Part leave year calculation (PDF, 109kb)
Appendix E - Term time worker annual leave calculator (PDF, 101kb)
Appendix F - Travelling expenses and payment for subsistence scheme rates (PDF, 96kb)
What to expect working at North Ayrshire Council
You can find out about our elected members, structure, plans and performance.
We offer a set of employee benefits and rewards to help you make the most of your time with us.
You may wish to read the following before you start work with us:
- Work Life Balance Policy & Procedure (PDF, 206kb)
- Work Life Balance - Options (PDF, 260kb)
- Politically restricted posts (PDF, 153kb)
- Teacher's Pay information (PDF, 264kb)
- Achieving Equality (PDF, 79kb)
We look forward to working with you, to make North Ayrshire, the place to be.