Sorry, this service is fully subscribed for 2017.
A service for residents who are unable to cut their grass or hedges themselves. The scheme covers cutting:
- grass of an area no bigger than 150 square metres
- hedges where they border a path.
Weeding or planting is not included.
The number of gardens we can include on the scheme is limited. Applications are accepted on a first come first served basis. You must apply each year.
- permanently live at the property
- have no physically able person living in the property who could do the work
and meet 1 of the following criteria:
- be aged 75 or over
- be aged 65 and over and in receipt of Attendance Allowance (higher rate) or free personal care
- be aged under 65 and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance mobility (higher rate) or care (highest rate)
- be aged under 65 and in receipt of Personal Independence Payment mobility (enhanced rate) or daily living component (enhanced rate)
The charge is £61 including VAT.
Please note: this is a discounted price. North Ayrshire Council covers the rest of full cost of delivering this service.