Almost 12,500 tonnes of food and garden waste is collected from North Ayrshire each year.
This is then recycled into rich compost which is:
- made available for use by the Council
- offered from time to time to residents for free
This helps us to close the loop and provide you with a valuable resource. You can then use the compost in your garden to grow healthy vegetables and plants.
If you're a resident of North Ayrshire, our free compost giveaways will offer you a chance to give your plants a boost. We will be giving away 100 tonnes of compost over the summer. The compost will be loose, so please bring a bag and shovel with you.
Locations and dates will be announced soon, so look out for updates on our social media channels.
Please adhere to local COVID-19 guidance. If the site is busy, please stay in your car or come back later when it is quieter.
Remember the FACTS:
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay two metres away from other people
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
By recycling the Right Stuff in the Right Bin, you can:
- help us reduce the £3 million spent sending waste for final disposal
- contribute to environmental initiatives such as these which give something back to the community
Thank you for recycling your food and garden waste in your Brown Bin.