North Ayrshire Licensing Board is the statutory licensing authority responsible for all Alcohol and Betting Licences in North Ayrshire. The Board is constituted under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and Gambling Act 2005.
North Ayrshire Council elects Councillors to be Members of the Board. The Convenor of the Licensing Board is Councillor Ronnie McNicol. The Clerk to the Licensing Board is the council's Senior Legal Services Manager, Aileen Craig.
Please read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board Guide to Information (Word, 75kb).
View the current list of Premises, Premises Licence Holders and Premises Managers in North Ayrshire (Excel, 100kb) as of 30 April 2018.
Licensing Board Dates
Licensing Board Schedule 2018
|Board date||Last day for Applications|
|18 June 2018
||27 April 2018
|1 October 2018
||10 August 2018
|10 December 2018
||19 October 2018
View the Licensing Board meeting schedule, minutes and related documents.
Licensing Policy Statement
North Ayrshire Licensing Board publishes a Licensing Policy Statement 2013-18 (Word, 327kb) under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
The following documents are relevant:
The Board may refuse a licence due to an overprovision of licensed premises in any one area.
Read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board's Overprovision Assessments:
When premises are granted a new licence, these are subject to a set of conditions. Standard Conditions are reviewed by the council and a new edition of the Conditions is published.
Premises are only controlled by the set of Conditions it was given at the time the licence was granted. Your licence is not affected if the Board publishes a new edition. Our Standard Conditions:
Please note: the Licensing Board may apply the newest edition to older Licences - this might happen if:
- during Review procedure - the Board might uphold a complaint against the Premises and decide to vary some of the Licence Conditions
- during Variation proceedings (where the licence holder asks the Board to change part of the licence) the Board may decide to update the particular Premises' conditions to the newest edition
In either case the individual Licence Holder can make representations to the Board.
Signs and Notices
The following are mandatory signs and notices under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005. If you are unsure as to which signs you are required to display, in relation to your Licence, please contact the Licensing Office.
- Section 110 Notice (Word, 24kb)
- Challenge 25 (PDF, 102kb)
- Challenge 25 Staff Declaration (PDF, 22kb)
- Agent Sales Warning (PDF, 128kb)
- Alcohol Related Advice (Word 24kb)
- Local Neighbourhood (Word 24kb)
- No Drinking in Public Places (PDF, 59kb)
- No Entry under 18s (Word 24kb)
- Offsale on sale (Word, 24kb)
- Outdoor Drinking Area (Word, 24kb)
- Premises Manager Authorisation Notice (Word 24kb)
- Refusals List (Word, 72kb)
- Staff Training Record (PDF, 68kb)
- Toilet and Capacity checks (PDF, 492kb)
Premises Licence review application
The Board has stated advice (PDF, 110kb) on making comments and complaints. How to make a Complaint/Premises Licence review application (Word, 22kb) to the Licensing Board, under Section 36 of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
Mainstreaming Equality and Equality Outcomes
Information on the Board's equality outcomes and the progress it has made to mainstream equality is contained in the Board's Equality and Mainstreaming Report 2013-2017 and Equality
Outcomes Report 2017-2021 (PDF, 151kb).