The Local Licensing Forum is a separate body from North Ayrshire Licensing Board. It consists of representatives from the community, the licensed trade, the Police and the Health Board.
Our role is to:
- review the operation of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 in relation to alcohol licensing in North Ayrshire
- give advice and make recommendations to the Licensing Board on policy
as per the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, Sections 10 to 12A and Schedule 2, as amended by the Alcohol etc. (Scotland) Act 2010.
The Forum cannot review a particular case or make objections or representations to the Board in a particular case. Please see our information note (PDF, 16kb).
The Forum meets about 4 times a year at the Council Headquarters, Cunninghame House, Irvine. One of these meetings is a Joint Meeting with the Licensing Board. If you wish to attend, please email us for the date of the next meeting.
How to get involved
- join the Forum by completing and returning an application form (Word, 42kb)
- forum meetings are open to the public
- members of the public can bring an issue to the Forum's attention for consideration. You can do this by email, or in writing to:
Licensing Standards Officer
1st floor, Cunninghame House