New claimants applying for Universal Credit with more than 2 children will not be accepted and should contact DWP. Apply for Universal Credit if you:
- are aged between 18 and pension age
- live in North Ayrshire
- aren't living in supported, exempt accommodation
- have no more than 2 children
Universal Credits include any housing costs you are entitled to. You will need to make arrangements to pay your rent or you can choose for DWP to pay the Housing Element when making your application.
Paying your rent, on time and in full, is the most important part of your tenancy agreement. Contact your landlord to discuss payment options.
The Housing Element may be less than your rent charge and you may need to pay the difference (eg under occupancy).
You may be eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment.
For more information read the Paying your own rent (PDF, 156kb).
Help with paying your rent
- Council tenants - contact the Welfare Reform Advice Team, telephone 0300 999 4606
- Housing Association and private tenants - contact your landlord.
Paying your Council Tax
Please make sure that you have made arrangements to pay your Council Tax.