Draft development brief - Kerelaw, Stevenston
The Planning service has produced draft planning guidance relating to land surrounding the former Kerelaw School site in the North of Stevenston. The guidance, called a development brief, details some of the important characteristics of the site which are likely to be considered should a planning application be submitted for the development of the site.
The Council is seeking your input to ensure that we have as much information as possible in order to have guidance which helps balances the views of everyone. Your responses will inform the final guidance that will be considered by the Council’s Planning Committee. Should the document be approved by Committee, the Development Brief will inform future development on the site. Our draft development brief (PDF, 9mb) is available for you to view.
If you want to comment on the brief, you can respond by using our online Kerelaw consultation survey.
Please note: we will be accepting comments on the brief for four weeks until Wednesday 17th of May 2023.
If you have any other questions or comments, or you if you need help submitting your response, if you would like to get in touch, please email the Local Development Plan Team.
Housing in the Countryside Policy Guidance Note
The Adopted Local Development Plan (November 2019) sets out the limited circumstances in which we will support the development of new houses outwith our identified towns and villages, for example where it is proposed to convert or replace an existing building.
The purpose of the Policy Guidance Note is to provide further detail to developers, applicants and communities on the relevant Local Development Plan policies and matters that should be considered when the development of one or more houses in the countryside is proposed. The Policy Guidance Note defines the key terms used in the policy and sets out key design principles that will apply in the consideration of such proposals.
View the Housing in the Countryside Note.
Local Development Plan Background Documents
These documents have helped inform preparation of the latest Local Development Plan and provide guidance in addition to the policies of the plan.
- Habitats Regulations Appraisal Record (PDF, 806kb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (PDF, 706kb)
- Site Deliverability Assessment (Excel, 26kb)
- Site Constraints/Planning Assessment (PDF, 11.5mb)
- Place Standard consultation (PDF, 3.4mb)
- Housing Technical Paper (PDF, 2.23mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment (PDF, 110kb)
- North Ayrshire Settlement Development Strategy: Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas (PDF, 26.5mb)
- Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas - Figure 16 - Landscape Capacity, Irvine Bay (PDF, 11.5mb)
- Landscape Capacity Assessment Arran and Cumbrae - Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas (PDF, 10.4mb)
- North Ayrshire landscape wind capacity study Final Report
October 2018 (PDF, 13mb)
- Zone of Theoretical Visibility Maps (PDF, 10.5mb)
- Visualisation Maps - Location map & VPs1-6 (PDF, 10.8mb)
- Visualisation Maps - Location map & VPs7-11(PDF, 10.7mb)
- Arran Visibility Study (PDF, 1.45mb
- Private Sewerage Systems (PDF, 43kb)
- Guidance for Waste Recycling Collection Services - Information for developers (PDF, 254kb)
- Communications masts (PDF, 7kb)
- Advice note - Window design for Conservation Areas & Listed Buildings (PDF, 389kb)
- Open Space Strategy (PDF, 438kb)
- Kirkton Self Build Plots, Millport (PDF, 2.3mb)
- Perceton House (PDF, 2.2mb)
- Anchorage North, Blackwaterfoot (PDF, 48kb)
- Former Ardeer Primary School, Stevenston (PDF, 107kb)
- Greenock Road/Brisbane Street, Largs (PDF, 3.2mb)
- King's Road, Beith (PDF, 222kb)
- Limekiln Road, Stevenston (PDF, 947kb)
- West Mayish, Brodick (PDF, 87kb)
Development frameworks and conservation area assessments
- Largs Seafront design framework & development brief for Greenock Road/Brisbane Street (PDF, 1.2mb)
- Whiting Bay: Development capacity study: Interim Strategy (PDF, 16kb)
- Brodick design framework (PDF, 510kb)
- Lamlash design framework (PDF, 413kb)
- Dalry Townscape study (PDF, 2.1mb)
- Kilbirnie Townscape study (PDF, 1.7mb)
- Skelmorlie conservation area assessment (PDF, 5.3mb)
- West Kilbride conservation area assessment (PDF, 6.45mb)
- Millport conservation area appraisal (PDF, 3.14mb)
- Millport Management Plan (PDF, 469kb)
- Beith conservation area appraisal (PDF, 339kb)
- Irvine Harbourside Townscape Study (PDF, 1.99mb)
- Irvine Town Centre conservation area appraisal (PDF, 12.8mb)
- Irvine Town Centre conservation area management plan (PDF, 5.77mb)
We are currently reviewing and updating our planning guidance. Please contact by us by post or email to discuss the status of these documents.