The Local Development Plan (LDP) is a land use document that indicates where certain types of development should, and should not, happen.
It sets out a long term vision for growth, identifying land and infrastructure to deliver new homes and for businesses to locate and expand.
It provides the policy framework for determining planning applications.
The LDP covers a 10 year period, up to 2025. It is replaced every 5 years. We review the LDP to look beyond 2025, and work out the best places for new homes, businesses and other developments.
The development plan is made up of:
- The Local Development Plan (LDP)
- Vision Statement and Spatial Strategy
- Topic based policies, General Policy and Auxiliary Policies
- The LDP Proposals Maps which allocate land for specific purposes (e.g. housing, retailing, industry, heritage protection etc.)
- Supporting information papers (PDF 2.03mb)
- Planning Guidance (provides more detail in respect of specific policies or provides advice on design in specific areas)
The LDP is accompanied by an Action Programme (PDF, 1.5mb) which acts as the implementation mechanism for the plan.
North Ayrshire Local Development Plan
North Ayrshire Local Development Plan (PDF, 7.75mb)
View our LDP interactive map or as pdfs below:
- Map1/1 - Mainland & Cumbraes Rural Area Map (PDF, 5.57mb)
- Map1/2 - Inset 6 (Dalry), Inset 7 (Kilbirnie, Glengarnock & Beith) & Inset 8 (Gateside & Barrmill) (PDF, 2.76mb)
- Map 2/1 - Inset 1 (Skelmorlie), Inset 2 (Largs), Inset 3 (Fairlie), Inset 4 (Millport) & Inset 5 (West Kilbride) (PDF, 3.34mb)
- Map 2/2 - Inset 9 (Ardrossan, Saltcoats & Stevenston) (PDF, 2.62mb)
- Map 3/1 - Inset 12 (Irvine East) (PDF, 3.25mb)
- Map 3/2 - Inset 10 (Kilwinning) & Inset 11 (Irvine West) (PDF, 4.04mb)
- Map 4 - Isle of Arran Rural Area Map (PDF, 4.85mb)
- Map 5/1 - Inset 1 (Brodick), Inset 2 (Lamlash), Inset 4 (Kildonan) & Inset 6 (Corriecravie & Sliddery) (PDF, 5.09mb)
- Map 5/2 - Inset 3 (Whiting Bay), Inset 5 (Lagg & Kilmory), Inset 7 (Blackwaterfoot), Inset 8 (Shiskine), Inset 9 (Pirnmill), Inset 10 (Lochranza), Inset 11 (Sannox) & Inset 12 (Corrie) (PDF, 1.94mb)
The plan has been the subject of a Strategic Environmental Assessment. View the Environmental Report and Post Adoption Statement.
There is a consultation currently taking place on a Simplified Planning Zone for Montgomerie Park, Irvine from 14 August 2019 to 24 September 2019.
Details of this consultation and documents relating to it can be viewed on our Community Planning Partnership website.