Borrow ebooks, magazines and newspapers
How to borrow ebooks
Visit BorrowBox and log in using your library card/National Entitlement Card (NEC) number and PIN or download the BorrowBox app (Available for IOS and Android. Please note: if you are using your NEC number to log in, miss out the last 2 digits of your card number.
- Search by title, author, or category.
- Read, or listen to excerpts. New titles are added regularly.
- Confirm your choice, or reserve and we'll email you when the title is available.
- Download the complete ebook and enjoy.
Don't know your PIN?
You can reset your PIN.
If you receive a message from BorrowBox saying your account is under review, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, library card number and first line of your address.
If you are not a library member, you can sign up for digital access for six months by completing this form.
How to borrow magazines and newspapers
Get access to more than 7,000 of the world’s top newspapers and magazines as soon as they’re available on shelves using the Pressreader app/website. No limits on downloads and they're yours to keep forever.
- Click on Sign in
- Click on Library Group
- Search for North Ayrshire
- Enter your library card number (without the ‘P’) & PIN