Borrow ebooks, magazines and newspapers
How to borrow ebooks
BorrowBox is FREE to library members. Download ebooks and listen anytime, anywhere!
You can borrow/reserve up to 6 books at a time, for 3 weeks and you can renew 2 times, as long as no-one else is waiting.
Visit BorrowBox and log in using your library card/National Entitlement Card (NEC) number and PIN or download the BorrowBox app (Available for IOS and Android.
Please note: if you are using your NEC number to log in, miss out the last 2 digits of your card number.
- Browse by
- Search by title, author, or category
- Read, or listen to excerpts. New titles are added regularly
- Confirm your choice, or reserve and we'll email you when the title is available
- Download the complete ebook and enjoy
Don't know your PIN?
You can reset your PIN by entering your library card number and surname.
If you receive a message from BorrowBox saying your account is under review, please contact email@example.com giving your name, library card number and first line of your address.
If you are not a library member, you can sign up for digital access for six months by completing this form.
How to borrow magazines and newspapers
Get access to more than 7,000 of the world’s top newspapers and magazines as soon as they’re available on shelves using the PressReader app/website. No limits on downloads and they're yours to keep forever.
- Click on Sign in
- Click on Library Group
- Search for North Ayrshire
- Enter your library card number (without the ‘P’) & PIN
- To select HotSpot, select More , Settings, HotSpots and Enable HotSpots.
Please note: you will need to sign out of Press Reader every 28 days and sign in again as above. To sign out, select ‘More’ at the bottom right of the Press Reader app and select 'Accounts' and your account and scroll down to sign out.