Anyone living, working or studying in North Ayrshire can join the library for free.
You will need to provide 2 items as proof of identity, either
- 2 showing your name and address, like a utility bill or
- 1 photographic ID, like a driving licence, and 1 showing name and address
- under 16s need a parent/carer (grandparents/other relatives aged over 16) to complete this for you
- to use your National Entitlement Card (NEC) as ID, visit the library to complete your membership form (we need to scan the card)
- proof of age is required if you are applying as a member over the age of 60
Join online or visit your local library.
What happens next
If you apply in branch we'll make your library card while you wait. You can start borrowing right away!
If you apply online, please present your 'joined online' email along with the relevant ID, detailed above, at your local library at your earliest convenience.
We'll ask you to sign a form agreeing to our terms and conditions of library membership (Word, 33kb). A parent or carer must sign for children under the age of 16.
Ask for your PIN when you visit. You will need it to access your account.
Reset your pin
If you don't wish to visit your library and only want to read and listen online, sign into BorrowBox and PressReader by using your temporary membership number for 12 months.
Library members can use all 15 branch libraries and the Arran mobile library.
Update membership details
You can update your details by:
- Logging in to your library account
- Clicking on 'My Account Dashboard'
- Selecting 'Personal details'.
We have over 600 sets of books available for loan to local book groups. Books are delivered to your chosen library for collection. Join an existing book group, or start your own.
For more information, and to request our book loan list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Libraries on Facebook
Like us on Facebook and keep up to date with what's new at your local library.