Anyone living, working or studying in North Ayrshire can join the library for free.
Join online or visit your local library.
You will need to provide 2 items as proof of identity, either
- 2 showing your name and address, eg utility bill or
- 1 photographic ID, eg driving licence, and 1 showing name and address
- under 16s need a parent/carer (grandparents/other relatives aged over 16) to complete this for you
- to use your National Entitlement Card (NEC) as ID, visit the library to complete your membership form (we need to scan the card)
- proof of age is required if you are applying as a member over the age of 60
What happens next
If you apply in branch we will take your ID and your library card will be made up while you wait. You can start borrowing right away!
If you apply online, please present your 'joined online' email along with the relevant ID, detailed above, at your local library at your earliest convenience.
We'll ask you to sign a form agreeing to our terms and conditions of library membership (Word, 33kb). A parent or carer must sign for children under the age of 16.
Ask for your PIN when you visit as you will need it to access your account.
Library members can use all 17 branch libraries, 2 mobile libraries and the home library service.
Update membership details
You can update your details online. Log in to your library account and click on 'My Account' then 'Change My details'.
We have over 500 sets of books (PDF, 589kb) available for loan to local book groups. We'll deliver the books to your chosen library for collection. You can join an existing book group, or start your own. For more information, please call Paul Cowan 01294 212716.
Libraries on Facebook
LIKE us on Facebook and keep up to date with what's new at your local library.