Request a repair
You'll need your rent reference number.
Telephone 01294 310000.
For repairs relating to Gas Central Heating or Boiler systems, over 6 months old, telephone GasSure 01294 310000.
Report emergency repairs by calling 01294 310000 following the prompts for the option you require. The repairs contact centre is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Our Housing Repairs Policy (PDF, 180kb) details the service provided for repair and maintenance.
We put the work into a response category before passing it to the tradesman. All categories of work will be carried out by appointment. Each category has a maximum time for the work to be done:
Emergency (Priority 2) - make safe within 4 hours. Situations where there is real danger to life or limb, major damage to the property, flooding, or the home is insecure.
Non-emergency (Priority 15) - target completion time of 23 working days (usually completed in 7 working days).
Right to Repair (Priority 26, 27 or 28) - these are statutory repairs which must be carried out within a given timescale (as set out in legislation).
Planned (Priority 5) - target completion time of 60 working days. This repair category is for larger jobs that require ordering and fitting (eg doors).
Working hours and appointments
Our operatives work:
- Monday and Tuesday: 8.15am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday and Thursday: 8am to 4.30pm
- Friday: 8am to 3pm
For non-emergency repairs we will agree a morning (between 8am and 12pm) or afternoon (between 12pm and 4.30pm) appointment on a particular date. We will try to offer appointments at a time that suits you.
We offer a free text messaging service for a number of our repairs.
You will receive the following text messages:
- confirmation with your appointment date and time
- an appointment reminder the night before your appointment
- an appointment reminder when the operative is on their way to your property
If the operative calls and you are not in for an agreed appointment the job will be cancelled and a card will be left asking you to phone to arrange another appointment.
Out with working hours, we only carry out emergency repairs via our standby service.
Tenants' right to repair
Under the Right to Repair Scheme, we must complete 'qualifying repairs' within set time limits. These are repairs which, if not carried out on time, could affect health or safety.
If we do not complete a qualifying repair within the correct time you have the right to instruct another approved contractor to do the work and bill us. You may also be entitled to compensation.
What to expect when the repair takes place
Your co-operation is needed and you may need to make certain arrangements and prepare for our operative's visit:
- operatives can't be left alone in homes, if you leave your home the operatives will have to leave too
- don't leave your key hidden somewhere for operatives to pick up and let themselves into your home – they will not access the property unless someone over 16 is present
- in bad weather conditions operatives cannot, for their own safety, work at height, eg on ladders or on the roof
- you are expected to allow operatives to get on with their work by keeping children and pets out of their way and away from builders tools, materials, rubbish or skips
- if furniture or carpets need to be moved before repair work is done, this should be done before the operative arrives otherwise they may not be able to proceed with the repair
Our operatives will deal with you in a professional way. You can expect them to:
- introduce themselves and show you proof of identity before entering your home
- explain what they are going to do and discuss how this will affect you
- protect your belongings, furnishings and floor coverings from damage, dust and paint
- keep your home secure at all times
- make sure materials and tools do not cause danger to you or your visitors
- clear up rubbish and leave the area tidy at the end of each working day
- make sure essential services are connected when they have finished the repair
- be polite
Operatives may not, without your consent:
- play radios in your home or garden
- use your phone or make/take private calls on their mobile phones
- use your power supply or other facilities
If you have a complaint, phone 01294 310000, or complete a customer comment forms. We will look into your complaint. If we need to do any work to put the problem right, we will make sure it is carried out to a good standard as soon as possible. If you are still unhappy, you should follow our formal complaints procedure.