uses cookies which are essential for the site to work. We also use non-essential cookies to help us improve our websites. Any data collected is anonymised. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies

Licensed premises certificate
Home   Planning and building standards   Building Standards   Licensed premises certificate

Licensed premises certificate


Before an application can be made to the Licensing Board for a Premises Alcohol Licence, you must obtain Section 50 Certificates for Planning Permission, Building Standards and Food Safety. These certificates confirm the suitability of the premises for their intended use.

Please note: The issuing of a Section 50 certificate may require the granting of a Building warrant and the acceptance of a Certificate of Completion.

Section 50 Certificates for Environmental Health and Planning are also required:

  • visit the Premises licence section to apply for a Food Hygiene Certificate
  • visit the Planning section to apply for a Planning Certificate


Complete and return an application form along with; fee, 1 set of plans, and if available, an operating plan:


Building Standards, Premises Certificate (Section 50) application fee: £125

What happens next?

The premises will be inspected by a Building Standards Surveyor. If the premises are suitable, a Section 50 Certificate can be granted. 

Contact Building Standards



01294 324348


Building Standards, Place directorate, Economic Development and Regeneration, North Ayrshire Council, Cunninghame House, Irvine, KA12 8EE