Putting the customer first
Our Building Standards Customer Charter (PDF, 1.3mb) explains; who we are, what we do and our commitment to customer care.
The National Building Standards Customer Charter (PDF, 754kb) contains information about the aims, visions and commitment that Building Standards of all local authorities should maintain.
Annual Performance Report
As part of the performance framework, the Scottish Government requires all verifiers to publish an annual performance report. This has replaced the previous Balanced Scorecard and Continuous Improvement Plan and will include previous years performance data and targets.
Building Standards Annual Verification Performance Report 2020-21 (PDF, 669kb)
Results from North Ayrshire Council Building Standards' ongoing customer satisfaction survey for 2019/20 recorded that 93.75% of our stakeholders rated the various aspects of our service as good or excellent.
Year on year comparison:
2018/19 - 96.36%
2017/18 - 97.96%
2016/17 - 96.97%
2015/16 - 100%
2014/15 - 96.9%
2013/14 - 96.6%
Customer feedback helps us identify areas where we can make improvements.
Quarterly performance results
- average time taken to respond to a Completion Certificate
- percentage of Buidling Warrants issued, or determined within 3 working days
- percentage of requests for Building Warrants responded within 15 days
- percentage of customers that were satisfied with the service they received from Building Standards
- Quarter 1 - 2020/21 performance (PDF, 200kb)
- Quarter 4 - 2019/20 performance (PDF, 216kb)
- Quarter 3 - 2019/20 performance (PDF, 165kb)
- Quarter 2 - 2019/20 performance (PDF, 278kb)
- Quarter 1 - 2019/20 performance (PDF, 207kb)
- Quarter 4 - 2018/19 performance (PDF, 284kb)
- Quarter 3 - 2018/19 performance (PDF, 278kb)
- Quarter 2 - 2018/19 performance (PDF, 290kb)
- Quarter 1 - 2018/19 performance (PDF, 269kb)
- Quarter 4 - 2017/18 performance (PDF, 193kb)
- Quarter 3 - 2017/18 performance (PDF, 192kb)
- Quarter 2 - 2017/18 performance (PDF, 267kb)
- Quarter 1 - 2017/18 performance (PDF, 266kb)
Make a complaint, compliment or suggestion
Your experience of our service helps shape our performance standards for the future. We welcome compliments, complaints or suggestions.
To make a complaint please visit the complaints procedure page.