uses cookies which are essential for the site to work. We also use non-essential cookies to help us improve our websites. Any data collected is anonymised. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies

Private sector housing
Home   Housing   Private sector housing

Private sector housing advice


Information for Landlords, Tenants and Letting Agents

During the current emergency, tenants do not face automatic eviction if they have 3-months' rent arrears. The Scottish Government is extending the automatic eviction ground from 3-months' rent arrears to 6-months' arrears (this is related to the 3-month 'mortgage holiday').

For more information, view the following, issued by the Scottish Government:

The Scottish Government has prepared Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) which give general answers to the most common questions from Tenants, Landlords and Letting Agents.

If landlords want further detail on the FAQs, you can email the Scottish Government at:

You can also email the Minister at:

Private tenant and homeowner advice

Help and support for private tenants and homeowners through our private sector advice service and scheme of assistance to help repair, maintain, improve or adapt homes.

Equipment and adaptations

Find out about equipment and/or adaptations to help you to stay in your own home.

North Ayrshire Property Factoring Service

Find out about the council's new Property Factoring Service

Letting Agent registration

Letting Agent Code of Practice and who needs to register

Advice for private landlords

Information on the legal responsibilities of being a landlord and sources of help in renting out and maintaining your property. 

Empty homes

Information on bringing empty homes back into use