Trading Standards provide advice to:
If you have an issue with:
- unsafe or fake goods
- poor, incomplete or unlawful services or work done by bogus callers
- a new business idea you would like compliance guidance on
- the care and condition of farm animals in North Ayrshire
To report the issue or get advice contact us.
Report a fake by completing and returning a Report a Fake form (Word, 36kb).
What should I include in my report?
When you report a trading standards issue, please supply as much information as possible including the following, if applicable:
- your name and address - your details are never disclosed without your permission (you can report anonymously, but having your details allows us to update you, or ask for further information)
- name, address and contact details of the seller
- when and where you purchased the goods or service
- how you paid, did you get a receipt?
- a copy of the traders advert, flyer or leaflet
What happens next?
It's important to provided evidence wherever possible, such as:
- proof of purchase, a receipt or bank statement showing payment
- if you have been injured by an item you bought, you should go to a doctor, clinic or hospital so the injury can be recorded and assessed, where possible take photographs of the injury and the item
- if you have purchased goods which are faulty and/or unsafe, we may arrange to inspect them and if possible take them as evidence
Once we receive your report, we will assign it to an Officer to get back to you within 3 working days.