- £41.27 - standard size, 240 litre capacity
- £28.35 - smaller size, 140 litre capacity (brown bin only)
If, after compacting your recyclable waste, you regularly find that your blue bin is full before collection day, you may need to order an additional blue bin (1 only per household, cost £41.27). Excess recyclable waste can also be taken to a Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Please note: Bin collections are changing in April 2019. This may mean you don't need to order an extra blue bin.
You may have a large garden and find that your 240 litre brown bin is regularly filled to capacity. If this is the case, you may need to order an additional brown bin (1 only per household, cost £41.27 for standard size, 240 litre capacity, £28.35 - smaller size, 140 litre capacity). Excess garden waste can also be taken to a Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Due to national targets and local policy, you may not be eligible to receive an additional grey bin even though you are willing to pay for one. The current cost is £41.27.
Please continue to use all of your recycling bins. This should allow you to use your grey bin appropriately.
You may qualify for an additional grey bin if:
- you live in a household with 5 or more people
- 1 or more of the residents has a medical condition and additional space is required
An assessment may be carried out by council staff to see if you meet the criteria.
If you move into a property where the previous owner has removed bins, you will need to order and pay for new ones. It is up to you to raise this issue with the previous owner.
Householders in new developments will be required to purchase a grey, blue and brown bin.
If your bin is damaged, or missing, you can request a replacement.
You can arrange for removal of your damaged bin, which should be emptied of any contents prior to its removal.
If you believe that your bin has been stolen, there will be no charge for a replacement bin if the theft has been reported to your local Police office and an incident number can be provided.
Order a bin
Order a bin, in person during normal working hours, at:
- Customer Service Centre, Bridgegate House, Irvine, KA12 8BD
- Brooksby Medical & Resource Centre, 31 Brisbane Road, Largs, KA30 8LH
- The Town Hall, Countess Street, Saltcoats, KA21 5HW
- North Ayrshire Council, Lamlash, Isle of Arran, KA27 8JY
- Garrison House, Millport, Isle of Cumbrae, KA28 0DG