- £39.30 - standard size, 240 litre capacity
- £27 - smaller size, 140 litre capacity (brown bin only)
If, after compacting your recyclable waste, you regularly find that your blue bin is full before collection day, you may need an additional blue bin.
You may have a large garden and find that your brown bin is regularly filled to capacity, you might like to consider an additional bin.
Due to targets and legislations, set by the Scottish Government to minimise the amount of waste going to landfill, you may not be eligible to receive an additional grey bin even though you are willing to pay for one. You may qualify for an additional grey bin if:
- you live in a household with 5 or more people or,
- 1 or more of the residents has a medical condition and additional space is required.
An assessment may be carried out by council staff to see if you meet the criteria.
Householders moving into properties where the previous owner has removed bins will be required to order and pay for new ones, whilst being responsible for raising this issue with the previous owners.
Householders in new developments will be required to purchase a grey, blue and brown bin.
If your bin is damaged, or missing, you can request a replacement bin.
You can arrange for removal of your damaged bin, which should be emptied of any contents prior to its removal.
If you believe that your bin has been stolen, there will be no charge for a replacement bin if the theft has been reported to your local Police office and an incident number can be provided.
Order a bin
Order a bin, in person during normal working hours, at:
- Customer Service Centre, Bridgegate House, Irvine, KA12 8BD
- Brooksby Medical & Resource Centre, 31 Brisbane Road, Largs, KA30 8LH
- The Town Hall, Countess Street, Saltcoats, KA21 5HW
- North Ayrshire Council, Lamlash, Isle of Arran, KA27 8JY
- Garrison House, Millport, Isle of Cumbrae, KA28 0DG