Check your bin day
To check your bin collection day:
- Type your postcode (including the space) into our Bin Collection Day information portal.
- Click the Search button.
- Select your property from the list, and your bin collection details will appear on screen.
You can then either:
- download the calendar onto your preferred calendar application
- save a PDF version which can be printed
We offer guidance on how to download your bin calendar.
Putting your bins out
Place bins at the kerbside, with the lid closed, before 7am on your collection day.
We will not collect extra bags left next to a bin.
What goes in each bin?
The bin types are as follows:
- Blue Bin - paper, card and cardboard
- Purple Bin - glass, cans, plastic and cartons
- Brown Bin - food waste and garden waste
- Grey Bin - residual waste
For more details, see our section on what goes in each bin for Arran and elsewhere in North Ayrshire.
Grey, blue and purple bins are collected every 3 weeks. Brown bins are collected every fortnight.
Grey bin waste
Please see the Clyde Valley Residual Waste Project to find out what happens to your grey bin waste.
Christmas tree collections
We post details of real Christmas tree collections on our social channels each year.