Home   Housing   Housing safety and concerns   Home contents insurance

Home contents insurance

We strongly advise all customers to take out household contents insurance. The Council does not automatically insure your house contents against fire, theft and flood, therefore, to safeguard your contents, we run an insurance scheme that provides council tenants with cover against fire, theft and flood, at the lowest possible cost.

What is covered by the insurance scheme?

The policy is new for old and covers most household goods as well as the contents of huts and outbuildings against fire, theft and flood with no excess to be paid on any claims (please refer to the policy booklet for full details).

How to apply

An application form can be picked up:

Complete the tear off section of the application form, making sure that you answer all the questions and send to:

Insurance Team,
Cunninghame House,
Irvine, KA12 8EE

How to cancel your insurance policy

Cancellation will be accepted in writing (to the above address) or by email to homecontentsinsurance@north-ayrshire.gov.uk.