Housing Support aims to prevent tenants from losing their tenancies and alleviate homelessness by helping them to develop the skills they need to manage their own home.
We can help anyone who:
Access the Housing Support service
A referral can be carried out by:
You can also carry out a referral by yourself. Call 01294 317370 and a support worker will call you back. Or, ask to speak to the duty support officer at the address below.
What support is available?
We can help with:
- filling in Housing Benefit and Council Tax forms and other housing applications
- budgeting and debt issues
- life skills (for example cooking or cleaning)
- managing day to day correspondence (for example letters or bills)
- arranging gas and electricity supplies to your home
- registering with a GP
- planning your weekly shopping
- applying for training courses, further education or employment
- gaining access to other services (for example mental health or addictions)
- attending meetings, appeals and reviews
- general advice on housing issues or worries