uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies.

Zoo licence uses cookies to make the site simpler

Find out more about cookies

Zoo licence

You will need this licence in order to keep and run a zoo: a place where wild animals are kept for exhibition to the public, and to which the public has access, with or without charge, 7 days or more a year.

Circuses, pet shops and registered establishments that carry out animal experimentation are not included in this licence.

The Zoo Licensing Act 1981 requires the inspection and licensing of all zoos in the UK to ensure the safety of animals.

How to apply

Contact us for more information about this licence and how to apply. We can discuss your requirements and tailor our advice to your particular case.

Contact Licensing



01294 324305


Licensing Section, Legal Services, North Ayrshire Council, Cunninghame House, Irvine, KA12 8EE