The UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) Community & Place Grants have been created to help communities deliver projects that will support local priorities and help communities thrive and grow.
The objectives of the UKSPF Communities & Place Grants are to:
- Strengthen our social fabric and foster a sense of local pride and belonging, through investment in activities that enhance physical, cultural and social ties and access to amenities, such as community infrastructure and local green space, and community-led projects.
- Build resilient, healthy and safe neighbourhoods, through investment in quality places that people want to live, work, play and learn in, through targeted improvements to the built and natural environment and innovative approaches to crime prevention.
Applications for Round Two of the Communities and Place Grant are now open. Applicants are advised to submit an expression of interest through the following form, where a member of the team will be in contact to provide guidance.
Online Expression of Interest Form
The council will award grants between £10,000 and £100,000 in 2024/25 to eligible organisations. Grants will support activities which deliver the UKSPF objectives. The grant can support one element of a larger project, including projects which are already underway.
The total award must be spent in full by 31 March 2025.
- any constituted organisation delivering community focused projects in North Ayrshire can apply for a Grant
- Applicants must be financially viable and efficiently and effectively managed
- meet the UKSPF interventions
- the services and programmes of the Applicant must benefit a community in North Ayrshire
- Applicants should have all insurances appropriate for the proposed project in place
- Applicants will be expected to submit any relevant documentation supporting delivery of the project
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 5 April 2024. Completed applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Please see our guidance on applying for the UKSPF Grant and the UKSPF Application form.
Events will be taking place across North Ayrshire throughout February and March both online and in-person.
|11am to 2pm
|Garrison House, Millport
|1pm to 3pm
|Clark Memorial Hall, Largs
|4pm to 6pm
| 6.30pm to 7.30pm
|2pm to 4pm
|Bridgend Community Centre, Kilbirnie
|4.30pm to 6.30pm
|4pm to 6pm
|Brodick Library, Arran
|11am to 1pm
|10am to 12pm
Our UKSPF Investment Plan has been approved by North Ayrshire Council Cabinet and UK Government. It sets out what the Council will do with its UKSPF allocation.
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills.
More information is available on the UK Governments UK Shared Prosperity Fund page.