Home   Business   Licences and permits   Business licences

Business licences

Market operator's licence

You will need this licence if you wish to run a private market in North Ayrshire

Second hand dealer licence

If you intend to sell certain second hand goods in North Ayrshire, you will need a licence

Metal dealer's licence

To deal in metal, including gold and silver, you will need a licence

Street trader's licence

You need a licence from the council to sell goods in a public place

Skin piercing and tattooing licence

Your business will need a licence if you carry out certain activities including skin piercing, tattooing, acupuncture and electrolysis

Employment permit (PDF, 118kb)

An Employment permit is required for employers to hire children, under the age of 16, and must be completed by the prospective employer