Home   Cost of living support   Finance and benefits   Money advice and resources

Money advice and resources


Get advice on benefits, debt advice and housing advocacy by contacting CHAP.

If you are a Council or housing association tenant you can also contact the Welfare Reform Team or Financial Inclusion Officer.

Community Link Workers

Based in General Practice, Community Link Workers can help you find groups/services to meet your needs and interests, including money and benefit advice, debt management and budgeting.

Contact your local GP surgery.

North Ayrshire Council crisis grant

We administer Scottish Welfare Fund crisis grants. These are aimed at helping people in crisis because of either a disaster (like fire or flood) or an emergency.

Christians Against Poverty

Contact the Irvine, Kilwinning & Three Towns Personal Debt Centre for free debt counselling and support:

  • Phone: 0800 328 0006

Other resources

You can also:

You can apply for an advance payment in your online account or through your Jobcentre Plus work coach.

Call the Universal Credit helpline about hardship payments:

  • Phone: 0800 328 5644