The Eglinton Country Park Eco Code demonstrates our commitment towards environmentally sound actions. These key areas are achievable and appropriate to our park, offices, visitor centre and cafe.
- reduce the amount of waste and increase the proportion reduced, re-used or recycled
- reduce the number of journeys made and use the most energy efficient vehicle where possible
- monitor energy use and reduce the amount of electricity used
- monitor water usage and reduce the amount used
- purchase, where possible, products that are environmentally and socially friendly
- seek, whenever possible, alternative means of working in a more environmentally sustainable manner
- actively encourage staff and visitors to follow the Eco Code and encourage schools to join the Eco Schools programme
- continue to manage the Country Park to minimise environmental impact, increase biodiversity and to demonstrate good practice.
Eglinton Country Park achieved the Green Flag Award in October 2012.
The park has achieved a Green Tourism Silver.