North Ayrshire Council is seeking bids from organisations wishing to deliver activity as part of the UK Community Renewal Fund, between July 2021 and the end of March 2022. The Fund will support people and communities most in need across the UK, creating opportunities to trial new approaches and innovative ideas at the local level, and invest in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. NAC will select and submit bids for assessment by the UK Government.
Please read our Guidance Summary (PDF, 289kb) first.
To be eligible your project must:
- Be delivered (including all expenditure incurred) by 31 March 2022
- Respond to a need identified in the prospectus and align with local priorities
- Does not duplicate other national or local provision
- Does not conflict with national policy
- Be delivered by a legally constituted organisation that can receive public funds
The type of bids we are looking for
Projects must deliver activity that is line with the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus and align with at least one of these investment priorities:
- Investment in skills
- Investment for local business
- Investment in communities and place
- Supporting people into employment
The UK Government anticipates supporting a range of projects by theme and size, but applicants are encouraged to maximise impact and deliverability through larger projects (£500,000+) where this is possible. 90% of the funding will be revenue with the remaining 10% available for capital spend.
North Ayrshire Council will select bids that meet the UK Government’s gateway criteria and best align with our Community Wealth Building priorities as well as the Community Renewal Fund investment themes. Other key considerations will be the ability to deliver projects in the timescale, work in partnership, leverage additional funding and show innovation in service delivery. Further information is included in our guidance document.
- 23 April 2021 - Application process launched
- 21 May 2021 - Application process closes
- 18 June 2021 - North Ayrshire Council submits shortlist of projects to UK government for assessment
- End July 2021 - UK government announces successful projects
- 1 August 2021 - Successful projects can commence
- 31 March 2022 - Projects must be delivered by this date
Expression of Interest
If you plan to submit a bid please complete the Expression of Interest form below. This information will be used to assist you with your bid submission.
Please note: this is an Expression of Interest, you must submit your bid as set out in the "How to bid" section of this page below.
How to bid
Please read the following docuentation before starting work on a bid.
Bids must be submitted using the UK Community Renewal Fund Application Form. Bids submitted in any other format will not be accepted.
Bids must be submitted to North Ayrshire Council at this email address: email@example.com.
Bids must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 21st May 2021.
Documents you will need
North Ayrshire Council CRF Guidance Summary
UKCRF Technical Note for Project Applicants and Deliverers
UK Community Renewal Fund Application Form
UK Community Renewal Fund Assessment Process
Further information is available on the GOV.UK website