We want everyone in a parenting role in North Ayrshire to feel supported. Caring for a child can be rewarding but sometimes it may be challenging.
We are here to identify the right parenting support for you.
Our Positive Family Partnership Strategy (PDF, 556kb) contains information on how we plan to deliver our Children's Services Plan promise, to help all families in becoming confident and supportive.
Triple P and Incredible Years® Parenting Groups
We run Triple P and Incredible Years® groups for parents of children aged 3 to 7 years of age.
These programmes are designed to build on existing parenting skills and improve aspects of child behaviour. Weekly group sessions focus on; parent-child interactions, positive strategies for good behaviour and managing challenging behaviour.
- Triple P® - 8 week programme, consisting of 5 weekly sessions and 3 weekly telephone calls with the group leader - Triple P video
- Incredible Years - 14 week programme, of weekly sessions - Incredible Years video
If you are interested, please contact your Health Visitor or Early Years Establishment.
For more information call our Parenting Team on 01294 317209.
For all the parenting groups we offer, there may be support available for childcare and transport to help you take part.
Activities for parents and children
PEEP workshops encourage parents and carers to try out activities to support their baby's and child's learning in every day situations:
- core elements of song, stories and rhyme
- links with literacy, numeracy, sensory, health and wellbeing, brain development
- focus on stimulating learning within the home environment using every day objects.
PEEP runs during school term times at:
- Volunteer Rooms, Irvine
- Civic Centre, Ardrossan
Workshops last 1 hour and are open to all parents.
Our trained facilitators offer 5 week courses, teaching infant massage. Sessions are aimed at babies from birth. Massage can:
- help babies feel secure and relaxed
- provide relief from wind, colic and constipation
- promote sleep routines
- help to calm and relax parents or carers.
For more information about groups running in North Ayrshire: