Need to know
All road design and applications must be designed in accordance with national, regional and local design guides:
Our Road Construction guidelines (PDF, 181kb) can help with the application process. Please read this carefully.
Your application will only be registered if all relevant plans and documents have been submitted together when making your application. Missed items will result in a delay.
Road works required out with the site boundary will require the necessary permits over and above the Road Construction Consent. Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our standard construction details (PDF, 3.1mb) for roads/streets within North Ayrshire, provide useful information for construction consent applications. These can either be duplicated for consents within the area or referenced in any submitted consent. The developer is responsible for ensuring that the standard details are relevant for their construction consent submission.
How to apply
Apply for planning permission
Apply for planning permission online.
Apply for construction consent
Listed below are the standard forms required for a Construction Consent application and approval:
- Form 1 - Documents to be submitted (PDF, 178kb)
- CC1 - Construction Consent Application (PDF, 84kb)
- CC2 - Docquets of Service (PDF, 15kb)
- CC3 - Notice of Service (PDF, 109kb)
- CC5 - Footpath Agreement (PDF, 16kb)
- CC6 - Addition of Road/Footpath to list of Public Roads (PDF, 88kb)
- CC7 - Road Bond (PDF, 26kb)
- CC9 - Construction Consent Checklist (PDF, 50kb)
- DC1 Structural Design Certificate (PDF, 16kb)
- DC2 Flood risk and drainage impact assessment (PDF, 24kb)
Completed application forms, associated drawings and information should be submitted at least 3 months before the start of construction to email@example.com and one paper copy to:
North Ayrshire Council
Head of Economic Development & Regeneration
Irvine, KA12 8EE
There is no fee to submit your construction consent application for consideration.
The following charges may apply once your application has been approved:
|Amendments to approved road construction consent*
|Inspections associated with construction consent, either:
||a) 1.5% of Bond rate
b) time in lieu option
* Larger amendments will be charged per time taken to process