Local Development Plan 2 was adopted on 28 November 2019.
View the North Ayrshire Local Development Plan
Prior to the adoption of the Plan, Scottish Ministers directed the Council to consider making a change to the Plan. The change updates Policy 29 (page 98), introducing additional text which requires proposals for new buildings, to demonstrate that at least 10% of the current carbon carbon emissions reduction set by Scottish Building Standards will be met through the installation and operation of low and zero carbon generating technologies.
The Council has made this modification and adopted the Local Development Plan which replaces the previous plan adopted in 2014.
Intention to adopt the Local Development Plan
On 17 September 2019, the Local Development Plan Committee approved modifications to the Proposed Local Development Plan and agreed to submission of the modified Plan to Scottish Ministers for adoption.
The Proposed Local Development Plan has been modified in line with the recommendations made by Scottish Ministers.
View the North Ayrshire Local Development Plan (PDF, 17.7mb) to be adopted and list of modifications (PDF, 216kb).
Proposed LDP Examination
On 10 July 2019, Scottish Ministers issued their examination report on the Proposed Local Development Plan, which sets out conclusions on representations submitted to the plan. It also recommends a series of modifications. Those modifications are normally binding on the Council.
View the examination report (PDF, 1.42mb)
Proposed Local Development Plan
Our Proposed Local Development Plan (PDF, 17.2mb) was approved on 17 April 2018. View the interactive map to find out more.
The following underpins the preparation:
- Report on Conformity with Participation Statement (PDF, 3.86mb)
- Environmental Report (PDF, 32.4mb)
- Environmental Report summary (PDF, 623kb)
- Strategic Environment Assessment Update Note (PDF, 607kb)
- Draft Habitats Regulation Appraisal Record(Word, 1.7mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (PDF, 706kb)
- Equalities and children's assessment - part 1 (Word, 274kb)
- Equalities and children's assessment - part 2 (Excel, 22kb)
- Action Programme (PDF, 1.5mb)
- Site Deliverability Assessment (Excel, 26kb)
- Site Constraints/Planning Assessment (PDF, 11.5mb)
- Place Standard consultation (PDF, 3.4mb)
- Housing Technical Paper (PDF, 2.23mb)
The following documents, including the Main Issues Report, were published during the earlier stages of preparing the LDP:
- Development Plan Scheme - March 2019 (PDF, 1.73mb)
- Main Issues Report (PDF, 18.82mb)
- Interim Environmental Report (PDF, 19.6mb)
- Submitted sites - this shows all sites that were suggested for inclusion in the LDP, many of these have not been included in the Proposed Plan
- MIR Representations (PDF, 23.3mb)
- MIR Consultation Events Feedback (PDF, 2.23mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment (PDF, 110kb)
- Town Centre Audits (PDF, 6.53mb)
- Housing Land Audit (PDF, 10.3mb)
- Housing Land Audit Storymap
- Housing Need and Demand Assessment (PDF, 1.43mb)
- Monitoring Statement (PDF, 5.7mb)
- Key Agency Consultation Responses (PDF, 3.69mb)
- Youth Conference Consultation Report (PDF, 312kb)
- LDP Work Programme pre MIR (PDF, 120kb)
- LDP Work Programme MIR to PLDP (PDF, 91kb)
- North Ayrshire Settlement Development Strategy: Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas (PDF, 26.5mb)
- Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas - Figure 16 - Landscape Capacity, Irvine Bay (PDF, 11.5mb)
- Landscape Capacity Assessment Arran and Cumbrae - Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas (PDF, 10.4mb)
- Ayrshire and Arran Forestry and Woodland Strategy 2014 (PDF, 26.8mb)
- PLDP to Adoption Project Plan
To receive news about the LDP2 and consultation events, email us your name, email address, and details of your interest.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement (PDF, 186kb) for further details on how we will look after your information.
Please note: key agencies and community councils do not need to register contact details as we will contact you anyway.