We are progressing work for a new Local Development Plan (LDP2) for North Ayrshire, which is intended to be adopted in 2019. The plan's preparation timetable is available in our Development Plan Scheme (PDF, 1.74mb).
Proposed Local Development Plan
Our Proposed Local Development Plan (PDF, 17.6mb) was approved on 17 April 2018. View the interactive map to find out more.
Consultation on the Proposed LDP is now closed.
If you have submitted representations to us, you should receive an acknowledgement shortly. We have received a high volume of submissions, and these will be acknowledged as soon as possible. Thank you for your comments.
What happens to my representation?
We will consider all the representations we received and make any changes we feel necessary to the Proposed Plan. Further consultation will be needed if there are any significant changes.
We will then send the Proposed Plan to Scottish Ministers for ‘examination’. A reporter or reporters, appointed by the Scottish Ministers, consider whether the plan’s content is appropriate and in the best interests of the area.
They will prepare and publish a report with recommendations that will allow us to adopt the plan. The recommendations may suggest a change to deal with a particular issue. We must follow the reporter’s recommendations except in exceptional circumstances.
View more details on the examination process (PDF, 98kb).
The following underpins the preparation:
- Environmental Report (PDF, 32.4mb)
- Environmental Report summary (PDF, 623kb)
- Draft Habitats Regulation Appraisal Record(Word, 1.7mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (PDF, 706kb)
- Equalities and children's assessment - part 1 (Word, 274kb)
- Equalities and children's assessment - part 2 (Excel, 22kb)
- Action Programme (PDF, 1.5mb)
- Site Deliverability Assessment (Excel, 26kb)
- Site Constraints/Planning Assessment (PDF, 11.5mb)
- Place Standard consultation (PDF, 3.4mb)
The following documents, including the Main Issues Report, were published during the earlier stages of preparing the LDP:
- Main Issues Report (PDF, 18.82mb)
- Interim Environmental Report (PDF, 19.6mb)
- Submitted sites - this shows all sites that were suggested for inclusion in the LDP, many of these have not been included in the Proposed Plan
- MIR Representations (PDF, 23.3mb)
- MIR Consultation Events Feedback (PDF, 2.23mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment (PDF, 110kb)
- Town Centre Audits (PDF, 6.53mb)
- Housing Land Audit (PDF, 10.3mb)
- Housing Land Audit Storymap
- Housing Need and Demand Assessment (PDF, 1.43mb)
- Monitoring Statement (PDF, 9.8mb)
- Key Agency Consultation Responses (PDF, 3.69mb)
- Youth Conference Consultation Report (PDF, 312kb)
- LDP Work Programme pre MIR (PDF, 120kb)
- North Ayrshire Settlement Development Strategy: Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas (PDF, 26.5mb)
- Landscape Capacity Assessment Arran and Cumbrae - Landscape Assessment of Potential Development Areas (PDF, 10.4mb)
To receive news about the LDP2 and consultation events, email us your name, email address, and details of your interest.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement (PDF, 415kb) for further details on how we will look after your information.
Please note: key agencies and community councils do not need to register contact details as we will contact you anyway.