Shuttle Bus provision for Inverclyde Sport Centre Vaccination Centre
Posted on 5 Feb 2021
NHS Ayrshire & Arran will be running a local vaccination centre for patients aged 65 to 79 years at Inverclyde Sports Centre, Largs on Wednesday 10, 11 and 12 February.
Patients are asked to arrive for vaccination, with their appointment letter, as close to their allocated time as possible.
A vaccination appointment is an essential reason to leave your home during the current heightened COVID-19 restrictions.
Where possible, it is advised that you avoid car sharing with anyone out with your household but if this is not possible please try and:
- Keep your distance and take care entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Sit as far apart as possible in the vehicle, avoiding face-to-face interaction.
- Maintain good ventilation by keeping the car windows open. If this is not possible due, for example to inclement weather, make sure your air conditioning is not just set to recirculation, so that it draws in fresh air.
- Wear a face covering, unless you are exempt.
- Clean/disinfect your hands before and after your journey.
- If the vehicle is your responsibility, clean the door handles and other areas that people touch.
If patients believe they will have difficulties getting to Inverclyde Sports Centre and have no other alternative means of transportation, a 10-minute shuttle bus service will be running between Vikingar carpark and Inverclyde Sports Centre starting from 8am until 8pm on all three days. Patients should ensure they leave enough time to get to their vaccination appointment in good time and must wear a face mask while travelling on the shuttle bus, unless exempt. Due to social distancing measures, spaces on the shuttle bus will be restricted.