Renewal of Licences update
Posted on 30 Mar 2020
Renewal of Licences under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 and other statutes about Licensing
All Licences are extended to 31 July 2020. If you have a Licence which is due to expire before then, you do not have to do anything. The Council will consider later if the extension should be longer.
This extension does not apply to Licences and requirements under the legislation about alcohol (such as "Personal Licences").
If you have a Licence which you want to renew to cover a period after 31 July 2020:
- you should lodge a Renewal Application with the Council's Licensing Office before that date - you do not have to do anything before the original Expiry Date printed on your Licence
- if you lodge your Renewal Application before 31 July 2020 you will keep your Licence for as long as it takes the Council to deal with your Application.
Contacting the Licensing Office
The Licensing Office at Cunninghame House in Irvine is now closed however the team are still working to process Licence Applications.
During this time, please only make Applications which are essential. If you want to apply for a licence and need help, please email the team before you go ahead at: email@example.com
Please note, currently the Licensing Office is unable to accept telephone calls.
You can download Application forms from our licences and permits page together with information on each kind of Licence.
When you have downloaded, completed and signed the form, you should:
- scan the signed form and documents as PDF files
- send an email with attachments
Taxi/PHC Drivers need to show us:
- their Driving Licence (both the card part and the DVLA download)
- either a Passport or Birth Certificate (required for new applications only)
At present BACS is the only option available to pay a licence fee. Please email us to request the required details to make a payment. Please do not post a cheque or hand-deliver the application with cash.