Candidates confirmed for Scottish Parliamentary Election
Posted on 31 Mar 2021
The candidates have been confirmed for the Scottish Parliamentary Election, to be held on Thursday, May 6.
Voters will choose their constituency MSPs in Cunninghame South and Cunninghame North and will also have a second vote which will help determine the seven regional list MSPs in the West Scotland Region, which includes North Ayrshire.
Following the 4pm deadline today (Wednesday, March 31), to submit nominations, the candidates have now been confirmed. They are:
Cunninghame North Constituency
- Katy Clark - Scottish Labour Party
- Kenneth Gibson - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Jamie Greene - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Ruby Kirkwood - Scottish Liberal Democrats
Cunninghame South Constituency
- Tom Armstrong - Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Maurice Campbell – Independent
- Ruth Maguire - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Louise McPhater - Scottish Labour Party
- David Rocks - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
Voting gets under way at 7am on Thursday, May 6, with polling stations remaining open until 10pm.
Those wishing to find out more about registering to vote – including obtaining a postal vote – can find out more information by contacting the Electoral Registration Office at http://www.ayrshire-vjb.gov.uk/
Residents have until midnight on Monday, April 19, to register in time to vote in the election. The deadline for postal applications is 5pm on April 6.
Further details on the election can be found at https://www.north-ayrshire.gov.uk/elections
Full details of the list candidates and parties in the West Scotland Region are available here