This scheme is designed to help library members with the skills they need to access the People's Network computers in our libraries.
Be a Computer Buddy
Computer buddies are volunteers who offer tuition to people with very little, or no, computer experience. Buddies should be able to commit at least 1 hour per week to volunteer. Hours will be arranged to suit both you and your student, at a library convenient for you.
What skills do I need?
- experience of using Microsoft Word 2010 and Windows 7 (desirable)
- good communication skills
- ability to pass on knowledge and skills
- ability to work under own initiative
What will I teach?
Using our computer guides, you'll use your skills to help others to:
- use a keyboard and mouse
- create, save and print files using the Microsoft Word program
- carry out Internet searches
- use email
Read our Computer Buddy Information pack (PDF, 179kb).
Complete and return a Computer Buddy Application Form (PDF, 118kb).
You'll be asked to attend an interview. After introductions, we'll give you the chance to find out more about the scheme.
Sign up for tuition
Complete an IT Registration Form (PDF, 97kb) and return it to your local library, or speak to a member of library staff.