Applications are currently closed.
This scheme helps the development of community based access works. The scheme is funded by North Ayrshire Council and operates annually.
Who can apply?
Community councils and voluntary bodies, such as community groups. Voluntary groups must be constituted and operate on a voluntary basis. Applicants are advised to keep their local elected member informed of the works in order that guidance may be obtained.
What can the grant be used for?
The scheme offers assistance of up to £500 towards the cost of eligible work, such as:
- improving or extending routes
- inclusion of furniture (eg seats, cycle stands)
- way marking and signage
- production and/or printing of promotional literature
What is not covered by the scheme?
The following are ineligible:
- grant funding to individuals or individual companies
- staff or salary costs
- funding to non-constituted groups
- payment of debts
Grant monies can only be used for the purposes detailed within the grant application, unless changes are specifically requested from, and approved by, the council.