A Weekend Festival of Family Fun
The festival has been postponed until 2022 - watch out for more information nearer the time.
In 2020, Scotland celebrates its coasts and waters with a year long programme of events and activities.
Making Waves is Scotland’s new seaside festival celebrating the rich traditions of our seaside entertainment with a contemporary edge.
Set against the backdrop of the Isle of Arran at Irvine’s Beach Park and historic Harbourside, North Ayrshire is joining the celebrations with loads of fun activities on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 July.
You're invited to celebrate Scotland’s seaside entertainment in our stunning coastal landscape, and enjoy:
- music, arts, street theatre and storytelling
- activities on and off the water, including beach sports and watersports taster sessions
- Dragon Boat Races
- a big beach clean
- traditional seaside entertainment
- Eco and Wellness village
- seafood, ice cream and friendly bars and cafes
- FREE entry to Scottish Maritime Museum
Festival goers will enjoy free live music performances on an open air stage at Irvine Beach Park.
The Scottish Maritime Museum will host a STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) exhibition.
Arts and crafts will be on show at the Harbour Arts Centre and WASP Studios.
There'll be a special guest appearance from Scotland’s largest puppet. Ten metres high and made from recycled and natural materials, it's animated by a team of 8 puppeteers.
Want to get involved? There are lots of ways to be part of the Festival:
- enter a Dragon Boat team for fun or to fundraise for your favourite charity
- volunteer to help out behind the scenes
- get your organisation involved in delivering a family activity as part of the weekend
- take a stand/stall at the event to tell people about your organisation
- sponsor an activity
For more information, email: email@example.com