Our Ranger Service works at every level to deliver aspects of the Curriculum for Excellence, helping to raise awareness about local and global issues.
Contact us to request a visit for your school, youth or community group. This can be in the park, your school grounds or a green space near you.
We aim to promote an understanding and appreciation of the natural environment by providing;
- an opportunity to learn through stimulating and challenging experiences.
Curriculum for Excellence
We can deliver topics that relate to the Curriculum for Excellence in schools, the country park or the wider North Ayrshire countryside.
Our support sheets inform how activities relate to learning outcomes and where they contribute to the 4 capacities. They also provide a valid evidence base.
- Birds - level 1 (PDF, 305kb)
- Food chains and webs (PDF, 354kb)
- Habitats (PDF, 299kb)
- Immediate environment - level 1 (PDF, 299kb)
- Life cycles - level 1 (PDF, 333kb)
- Minibeasts - level 1 (PDF, 327kb)
- Nocturnal animals (PDF, 333kb)
- Seasons - Autumn (PDF, 360kb)
- Seasons - Spring (PDF, 327kb)
- Senses - level 1 (PDF, 327kb)
- Water cycle (PDF, 333kb)
- Competition for resources (PDF, 324kb)
- Flowering plants (PDF, 487kb)
- Food chains and webs - level 2 (PDF, 354kb)
- Habitats - level 2 (PDF, 320kb)
- Lifecycles - level 2 (PDF, 333kb)
- Mapping skills (PDF, 333kb)
- Nocturnal animals - level 2 (PDF, 333kb)
- Pollution (PDF, 320kb)
- Seasons - Autumn - level 2 (PDF, 360kb)
- Seasons - Spring - level 2 (PDF, 327kb)
- Seed dispersal (PDF, 326kb)
- Senses - level 2 (PDF, 327kb)
- Sorting living things (PDF, 326kb)
- Vertebrates/Invertebrates (PDF, 319kb)