Breaking Ground provides a community based service for people within North Ayrshire, offering support, training and recovery for those experiencing mental health problems and other forms of social exclusion.
Taking part in outdoor conservation or gardening projects in the local community can help you to;
- develop new skills
- structure activities and a weekly routine
- meet and socialise with others
- improve your general health and wellbeing
- gain self confidence and self esteem
- learn about natural history and conservation
The group works towards enhancing the park to;
- encourage wildlife
- provide enjoyment
- provide a resource for schools and other organisations.
Participants take part in a full calendar of gardening activities. They will experience growing throughout the changing seasons and learn about plant care, propagation and garden maintenance.
If you, or someone you know, is struggling with temporary mental ill health and could benefit from the therapeutic benefits of horticulture, please get in touch for more information.