We are extremely proud that North Ayrshire Council won Best UK Council at the 2017 APSE Awards.
Chief Executive of North Ayrshire Council Elma Murray said: “I am hugely honoured and humbled that we’ve won this award. It is a phenomenal achievement for all of our staff. These are challenging times – I think everyone can recognise that. But we have the most wonderful, inspirational staff who find lots of innovative ways to work with our communities to deliver the most exceptional service to the people of North Ayrshire.”
The standards and services that our people deliver each day are driven by our staff values of Focus. Passion. Inspiration.
Created by our staff, for our staff, these values are the building blocks of our success and what we measure our performance against.
North Ayrshire Connects
Our ambition for our people is to create a culture where innovation and excellence thrives. North Ayrshire Connects explains how it feels to work for North Ayrshire Council, working together and putting our values at the forefront of everything we do.
Watch some of our employees talk about how they connect with the council and what our values mean to them.
There are many reasons why your journey could be with North Ayrshire Council:
- we are ambitious, forward thinking and create a culture where innovation and excellence can thrive - see our people strategy Our People Connect
- our staff values are at the heart of everything we do - if you share these values and think you could make a difference to the communities of North Ayrshire, we'd love you to join us
- we offer a range of careers and great benefits that can help fulfil your potential
We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.
As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, the council guarantees to interview all disabled applicants who:
- meet the minimum (essential) criteria for a vacancy specified on the Role Profile
- provide acceptable evidence of our Staff Values and Behaviours
Our Disability Confident Self Assessment (PDF, 375kb) ensures that disabled people, and those with long term health conditions, have opportunities to fulfil and realise their aspirations.
Happy to talk flexible working
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements to suit your work life balance, where appropriate.
We offer a working environment where carers are supported and valued.
Your next step
To make our journey part of yours, view our job vacancies.