North Ayrshire Council is committed to providing sanctuary and support to those displaced by the ongoing conflict in Ukraine (see our report to Cabinet).
Plans have been put in place to ensure a coordinated response to this crisis, alongside Scottish Government, COSLA and other partners and organisations.
- assist with identifying suitable accommodation
- help refugees access services such as GPs, schools, dentists and welfare benefits
The crisis has generated significant community reaction, with many local people looking to directly help people fleeing their homes.
If you would like more information about the Homes for Ukraine scheme or the support available within North Ayrshire, please email email@example.com or phone 01294 445250.
Support and advice
To access further support and advice, please see the following:
Support for family members
You can also consult support available for family members of British nationals in Ukraine, and Ukrainian nationals in Ukraine and the UK via GOV.UK.
- Family Migration Visa (for immediate family members of a British National)
- Ukrainian Family Scheme (for extended family members)
- Local Sponsorship Scheme for Ukraine (for those without ties to the UK)
- Ukrainians who remain in the UK with leave due to expire
Third sector charity, voluntary and community support
Organisations across the UK are gathering essential supplies, such as clothes, first aid and sanitary products. Charities with experience of responding to disasters are best placed to reach victims on the ground.
Support available includes: