Care and repair services help elderly home owners and private sector tenants, over 65 years of age, who need adaptations or small repairs to their home.
The services can provide:
- advice and practical assistance to enable you to remain living in your own home
- scheme of assistance works eg bathing adaptations for eligible elderly and disabled applicants
- home safety and security visits and follow up referrals
- small repairs required to improve your safety and security at home - clients must pay the cost of labour and materials above the £80 (VAT included) repair limit.
The service excludes decoration, gardening, fencing, slabbing etc.
How to apply
All grant applications are processed by North Ayrshire Council. You can contact the care and repair service for your area as follows:
North Ayrshire mainland and Isle of Cumbrae
Cunninghame Housing Association
82/84 Glasgow Street
Telephone: 0800 068 1464
Isle of Arran only
Care and Repair (Isle of Arran)
Arran Local Office
Isle of Arran
Telephone: 01770 464961
Care and repair extra service
The North Ayrshire mainland and Isle of Cumbrae service includes a handyperson service. This covers small jobs normally carried out by a handyperson, as well as some jobs carried out by tradespeople, and may include:
- joinery repairs
- electrical repairs
- fitting shelves, towel rails, curtain poles
- fitting doors and door handles
- changing lightbulbs
The handyperson service will be chargeable with prices maintained at fair and reasonable levels. It is available to all owner occupiers, private sector tenants, council tenants and housing association tenants living on the North Ayrshire Mainland and Isle of Cumbrae.
To find out about the care and repair extra service, call Cunninghame Housing Association on 0800 068 1464.