Let us know
If you fall into arrears with your rent, you should contact your Area Housing Office immediately.
- discuss your arrears with you
- agree a repayment arrangement
- give you advice about applying for benefits if you are on a low income.
If you are unable to pay, the amount you owe, in full we can enter into an agreement with you on how you will pay it off gradually. This involves paying an extra amount, on top of your rent, until the debt is paid off.
Tenants should contact the Welfare Reform Advice Team (details below) for any Welfare Rights or debt advice.
If you are on a low income, you may qualify for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit.
Independent advice is available from:
- National Debt Line: phone 0808 808 4000
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Community Housing Advocacy Project: phone 01294 475633 or email CHAP@irvinec.freeserve.co.uk