Housing Support aims to prevent tenants from losing their tenancies and alleviate homelessness by helping them to develop the skills they need to manage their own home.
We can help anyone who:
- is having problems managing their tenancy
- is at risk of becoming homeless
- has been homeless in the past
- is living in temporary accommodation.
Access the Housing Support Service
A referral can be done by:
- any local housing office
- your support worker
- the Homeless Assessment Prevention and Advice Team
- yourself - call 01294 317370 and a support worker will call you back - or ask to speak to the duty support officer at the address below.
We can help with
- filling in Housing Benefit and Council Tax forms and other housing applications
- budgeting and debt issues
- life skills (eg cooking, cleaning)
- managing day to day correspondence (eg letters or bills)
- arranging gas and electricity supplies to your home
- registering with a GP
- planning your weekly shopping
- applying for training courses, further education or employment
- gaining access to other services (eg mental health, addictions)
- attending meetings, appeals and reviews
- general advice on housing issues or worries.