Public space CCTV
Community Safety at North Ayrshire Council has a network of Public Space CCTV cameras located throughout North Ayrshire.
Public space cameras:
- enhance public confidence by preventing crime
- can be used to provide evidence in the event of a crime occurring
CCTV cameras are always monitored from the Public space CCTV control room purpose built within the Fullerton Concierge Station. This is staffed by fully trained employees. A full list of our cameras (Excel, 18kb) is available.
CCTV camera images
Public CCTV images are recorded by the council for:
- helping to identify, apprehend and prosecute offenders
- to increase public safety and lead to a reduction in the fear of crime,
- to assist North Ayrshire Council and key partners in enforcement and regulatory functions within the area.
View our Public Space CCTV Code of Conduct (PDF, 357kb) and our Data Privacy Impact Assessments (PDF, 364kb) for additional information.
If you have been the victim of a crime, or it is a crime related incident, you should report the matter to Police Scotland by calling either 999 in an emergency or 101 in a non-emergency. Police Scotland can make a request direct to us to view our footage and, if held, it will be provided to the investigating officer.
Our concierge service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from the purpose-built reception area at the multi-storey flats in Irvine.
- around the clock resource to North Ayrshire Council tenants of the multi-storey flats in Fullarton, Irvine
- a partial service for those in Saltcoats
Concierge services include:
- smoke alarm monitoring and initial emergency response
- door entry control - restricting access to residents and their family members, authorised visitors, contractors. The service keeps details/profiles of residents to help in dealing with the likes of doctors and care workers
- intercom communication with residents
- janitorial services - making sure blocks and their surroundings are clean and tidy
- security patrols within Irvine High Flats
The concierge services achieved a Customer Service Excellence standard in 2009. This was re-accredited in 2012, 2015 and 2018.