Community Safety at North Ayrshire Council has a network of public CCTV cameras located throughout North Ayrshire.
- enhance public confidence by preventing crime
- can be used to provide evidence in the event of a crime occurring
The location of these cameras are reviewed by Police Scotland and other services within the region, taking crime and incident levels into account.
We work in partnership with Police Scotland and council services.
CCTV cameras are monitored at all times from the CCTV control room purpose built within the Fullerton Concierge Station. This is staffed by fully trained employees.
CCTV camera images
Public CCTV images are recorded by the council for:
- the protection of the public
- the safety and security of council staff and council property
Our Concierge Service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from the purpose built reception area at the multi-storey flats in Irvine.
- a round the clock resource to residents of the multi-storey flats in Irvine
- a reduced service for those in Saltcoats
Concierge services include:
- smoke alarm monitoring and initial emergency response
- door entry control - restricting access to residents and their family members, authorised visitors, contractors. The service keeps details/profiles of residents to help in dealing with the likes of doctors and care workers
- intercom communication with residents
- janitorial services - making sure blocks and their surroundings are clean and tidy
- security patrols within Irvine High Flats
Concierge satisfaction surveys
The Concierge Service developed service standards in conjunction with the Concierge Development Forum.
The forum is made up of tenants and officers. It monitors service standards with the aim to improve service provision.
The service achieved a Customer Service Excellence standard in 2009. This was re-accredited in 2012, 2015 and 2018.