We deal with:
- providing reports to courts
- monitoring reports submitted to the court
- post sentence interviews
- linking court and Health and Social Care Partnership staff
The role of Criminal Justice Services
We provide services to help criminal justice service users take up positive and productive roles in their communities.
We work in partnership with agencies, organisations and stakeholders in relation to our work with criminal justice service users and in relation to Youth Justice, Adult Support and Protection (ASP) and Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA). We work in partnership with the judicial system, providing background information to inform sentencing and implement a series of non-custodial options designed to reduce re-offending and address its underlying causes. We work with individuals on bail awaiting trial. SACRO run our bail supervision service.
Our goals are to ease the transition from prison to the community, prevent re-offending and enable offenders to give something back to their communities.
MAPPA annual report
MAPPA annual report (PDF, 1.85mb) for South West Scotland.
Access Criminal Justice Services
Most people enter our service as a result of a referral from one of the following:
- Procurator Fiscal Service
We have teams responsible for:
- Community Payback Order Supervision Requirement
- Community Payback Order Unpaid Work Requirement
- Criminal Justice Social Work Reports to Courts
- Diversion from Prosecution and Structured Deferred Sentence
- Throughcare work for offenders leaving custody
- Drug Treatment and Testing Orders.